You smell the flowers in the air and you see them too. In the heart of Vancouver’s urban forest and right by the Rose Garden, weddings flourish in the Stanley Park Pavilion. This blend of natural beauty set gently against the city’s skyline is hard to pass up.
One of the sites in Vancouver richest in history, this site will lend an air of elegance to your event. Stanley Park was opened by Mayor David Oppenheimer on September 27th, 1888, just two years after Vancouver became a city. The Stanley Park Pavilion has been the social spot of the park since 1913.
At the core of Stanley Park, your guests will have an easy time making their way to the Pavilion. 15 parking spaces are directly beside the venue and another 200 spots are available just 150 meters away beside the Miniature Train. Lots of friends? Start packing into the overflow parking that is also available.
Stanley’s Park Bar and Grill
Pull up a chair. Sip some red wine while looking out at the stunning Rose Garden. Invite a friend to have a pint of BC craft beer on tap.
- The Bar and Grill provides direct access to the deck and main lawn and optionally connect to the Tea Room and the Lord Stanley Ballroom.
- Capacity: 40 guests inside and 200 guests on the deck
Lord Stanley Ballroom
This is where your vision of a banquet with glittering chandeliers is realized. Invite 200 guests for a seated banquet, or 300 guests for a standing reception.
Relax by the fireplace. Hold an afternoon tea party or host a cocktail reception. With its mahogany bar and idyllic setting, the Tea Room is ideal for 100 seated or 150 standing guests.
Pavilion Park Lawn
Throwing a gourmet BBQ? This is your place. The Pavilion shines with its immaculately landscaped lawn and outdoor setting. Here’s our recommendation: combine both the Stanley Pub and Grill with the Pavilion Park Lawn for an outdoor event with indoor comfort. This venue is in our top ten for natural beauty. The Lawn can accommodate up to 220 seated guests.
The in-house caterers have a tremendous amount of experience in preparing wedding banquets under their belts. Check out the stunning photos on Pinterest. The official wedding cake provider of the Stanley Park Pavilion is Original Cupcakes on Denman Street. Outside cakes are subject to a per-plate fee.
- Enjoy the flowers at your fall wedding – the flower beds stay in bloom through late September.
- It’s official! The Stanley Park Pavilion is a City of Vancouver heritage building with both outdoor and indoor splendour.
- Bring a band to your indoor event. The venue’s event coordinator will work with your band to make sure that the party is hopping all night long.
- Rent both the Grill and the Pavilion Lawn for a BBQ party with the option of indoor seating.
- Leave all the last-minute logistics of your big day to the onsite wedding coordinator. She’ll be with you from the moment you step in to long after your last guest leaves the party.
Eager to start planning? Head on over to Eventsage to see if the Stanley Park Pavilion will be the venue for your big day. Event planning made easy – it’s that simple!