With the New Year upon us we wanted to take a look back at some of the events we had the pleasure of being apart of in 2016. Everything from birthdays and engagement parties to team activities, AGM’s, company parties and more were planned with Eventsage this year. While we specialize in small and medium sized events, these events are a BIG deal for our customers! We enjoyed being apart of every function, but there are a few that stood out above the rest.
Here’s a look at our top 5 favourite events planned with Eventsage this year:
#1: Wellness Lounge at the HRMA Conference
Our client was an exhibitor at the 2016 HRMA Conference and asked us to create a ‘Zen Wellness Lounge’ for event attendees to relax in while waiting to receive complimentary chair massages. We were pretty happy with the end result and our client loved it too!
Here’s how our Sage Event Planners helped bring this Wellness Lounge to life:
- Designed a ‘West Coast’ decor theme complete with blues, greens, wood accents, zen accessories and touches of greenery.
- Space planning including floor plan layout.
- Negotiated sponsorship of large furniture (couches) by conference organizers in partnership with tradeshow supplier Showtime.
- Sourcing, purchasing and rental of decor items and accessories.
- Onsite support including delivery, setup, teardown, and the return of all decor items.
Client Feedback: “The talented team at Eventsage really impressed us with their conceptual design for our wellness lounge at HRMA this year. They truly captured the essence of the West Coast and a feeling of Zen-like tranquility. Imagine getting up from your massage in a peaceful, beautiful oasis – in an otherwise dull and drab room, within a tradeshow. They are hyper-organized and professional, and would recommend them without reservation.”
#2: Escape Room Escapades for a Dual Birthday Party
When you ask for a creative activity for a large group in downtown Vancouver during the middle of winter that is not too expensive for a dual 40th birthday event, some people might tell you ‘good luck’. But at Eventsage we enjoy challenges like these. No task is impossible! There are creative solutions to everything. In the end, we selected and coordinated an escape room in the heart of Gastown.
Here’s how our Sage Event Planners assisted with this dual milestone birthday event:
- Sourced activity options in downtown Vancouver on preferred date and secured reservation.
- Arranged group pricing and a time block buy-out to facilitate the large group in multiple rooms simultaneously.
- Organized use of waiting area for group to enjoy games, conversation, and even some celebratory bubbles.
- BONUS: We knew this was a special night so we threw in a professional photographer to capture all the excitement!
Client Feedback: “A huge thanks for your help. Everyone had a great time celebrating our birthdays! Some groups were able to finish their rooms in time but mine did not. Oh well. Next time!”
#3: A Theatrical Holiday Party Experience
Many times our clients don’t know what they want to do for their event. Aside from the basics like budget and dates, they rely on us to come up with new and creative solutions. This was the case with a local company who asked us for to come up with ideas for an entertainment-based holiday party for their young demographic of predominantly females. With less than 8 weeks to coordinate a location and other aspects of the event, we opted for a comedic, theatre experience on Granville Island featuring a Bachelorette-style improv show. It turned out to be a HUGE hit!
Here’s how our Sage Event Planners flexed their creative muscle for this holiday party:
- Sourced venue and activity ideas for multiple dates and times.
- Sourced and provided quotes for caterers specializing in high-end canapés using creative ingredients and an inspired food presentation.
- Organized group ticket pricing and VIP seating in the front row.
- Arranged a cocktail mingler for guests in private lounge area before the show and during intermission.
- Developed gifting table concepts including a white elephant game, a pick & keep option, and a give-back with gifts to support Heifer International.
- Provided preliminary logistical plans to allow our client’s team to take over and plan the rest of the event.
Client Feedback: “Our Xmas party was great. Perfect fit … and as a total bonus they picked on Gregg! Everyone loved that! Thanks for your help.”
#4: YMCA’s Annual General Meeting
When a simple venue sourcing request turns into something more, we won’t leave you hanging! Our client, wanted to shake things up with a new venue for their AGM that wasn’t a typical blank box hotel ballroom. However, what seemed like a simple request, quickly turned into a logistical spiderweb. While excited about the new venue, things like furniture rentals, staffing, event setup/design, load-in/-out, catering and flowers started to overwhelm. So our Sage Event Planners stepped in to provide additional planning support, allowing our client to minimize the amount of time she spent coordinating the event so she could get back to her jam-packed to do list.
Here’s how our Sage Event Planners assisted with this AGM:
- Sourced venue options for preferred dates and times.
- Facilitated venue site inspection with client and gave advice for maximizing the space, utilizing existing furniture augmented with coordinated rental furniture for a cohesive look.
- Negotiated discounted non-profit rate and became contract liaison between both parties.
- Worked with venue to arrange sufficient staffing for the event.
- Created event floor plan and showflow for day-of load-in, set-up, logistics, and load-out.
- Coordinated 3rd party vendors and oversaw their services day-of.
- Conceptualized, sourced and organized floral garland for speaker podium. Negotiated a discounted rate with floral provider.
- Called in a favour with one of our supplier partners to provide a heavy-duty display easel on a complimentary basis for an award display.
- Provided on-site event planner to oversee event schedule, technical rehearsals, set-up and tear-down.
Client Feedback: “I cannot thank Eventsage enough for being the event planner for YMCA of Greater Vancouver’s 129th Annual General Meeting. The rooms were spectacularly set and your customer service is exceptional. From the very first email, you always listened and worked with us to make the event unforgettable. It was truly a pleasure to work with such an accomplished professional. It was an event to remember and we received a great deal of immediate, positive feedback.”
#5: A Sophisticated 50th Birthday Surprise
Many of our clients simply do not have enough time in their day to get everything done. This was very much the case for our client who needed a little support planning her husband’s surprise 50th birthday party. She knew she wanted to treat him to a sophisticated evening with friends and family, but needed help to pull it all together.
Source: Labattoir.ca / Magic-Balloons.co.uk
Here’s how our Sage Event Planners helped out with this birthday surprise:
- Sourced private room options for preferred date and time.
- Negotiated a reduced food and beverage minimum spend to work within client budget.
- Secured venue and assisted with menu selection, as well as confirming all event details with venue coordinator.
- Organized balloon bouquet with large, gold foil numbers, delivered and set-up in advance of group’s arrival.
- Arranged a last minute cake order 48 hours out and personally delivered it to the venue on behalf of the supplier who couldn’t accommodate delivery.
Client Feedback: “I was so thrilled and so was my husband! The balloons were really nice and the cake was simply amazing! Thank you and your staff for making a truly memorable time.”
Need help planning your 2017 events? Our Sage Event Planners are here to help! With two amazing services to suit your individual needs we have the perfect event solution.
Did you know it can take up to 4 hours to research one viable venue to suit your unique event needs? Not to mention, the countless emails and phone calls to find the right sales contact, check availability, compile costs and obtain menus. Then comes contracting! Who has time for that?
With our Sage Sourcing service, we do the time-consuming part so you can do the fun part…picking and planning! We find you up to 3 venue options that are available within your date(s) and within your budget or your money back. It’s that simple! Learn more about Sage Sourcing.
SAGE SUPPORT – Starts at $75 per hour
No matter where you’re located, our team of professional event planners can help you plan your event like a pro. Instead of outsourcing your entire event, we help you with as little or as much as you need at an hourly rate. Whether you need event planning templates like budgets and showflows, guidance on room layouts, creative concepts, decor, menu planning or more, our team can help! Learn more about Sage Support.