As event planners, we’re no strangers to project management so can quickly recognize when extra help is needed to get the job done. Being a tech start-up, we are also no strangers to bootstrapping, wearing many hats, and having a job description that morphs and changes over time. Over the past many months our marketing team has had an endless list of to dos. Promoting our platform, acquiring users, engaging our community on social media, developing content to help our customers be the best planners they can be, rolling out advertising campaigns, brainstorming new outreach strategies, on boarding new supplier partners, and providing Sage Support to our clients, just to name a few. With so much to do and even more to come, we knew it was time for an extra set of hands.
So began our hunt for someone with a creative eye, wicked design skills, a love for writing, passion for social media, and ultimately someone seeking the challenge of working at a start-up. After all, you’ve gotta love the hustle of growing a business to keep up around here! After approaching a number of schools about paid practicum programs, we were thrilled to work with Kwantlen Polytechnic University to find the perfect candidate.
Allow us to introduce you to Jessica Macleod, our new Social Media and Content Coordinator!
A fourth year marketing student at Kwantlen Polytechnic University, Jessica is part of the co-operative studies program, completing her second work term while also taking classes part-time. She’s a go-getter, whose enthusiasm and zest for learning impressed us within minutes of meeting her. But ultimately, it was her writing skills and a well-researched cover letter that sealed the deal! We knew Jessica had to be apart of the Eventsage team when she incorporated nuances from our ‘About Us’ page into her resume cover letter. Jessica also showcased her understanding of social media channels by providing a portfolio of examples during our interview. Talk about going above and beyond! This, coupled with her understanding of marketing practices and previous experience creating and overseeing an awareness campaign for a new online payment system for Coquitlam School District 43, made her the perfect fit.
A few fun facts:
- Jessica is an avid hiker and enjoys checking out new trails when she needs to un-wind.
- She grew up playing baseball and during her senior year of high school was offered a scholarship to play for an American college! Ultimately, she decided that it wasn’t the right fit because she wanted to stay in the Lower Mainland.
- Her favourite vacation spot is the Okanagan during the summer because she loves the dry, hot weather and visiting local wineries for tastings.
- She is a huge dog lover and her baby Nala is the most adorable Chihuahua-Pug cross you’ll ever meet.
- When Jessica finishes her program at Kwantlen, she hopes to continue in digital marketing by landing a position as a Digital Strategist.
Please help us welcome Jessica to our Eventsage family by reaching out to her on Twitter.